New: June 23:
The Final version of the Participant Manual is here: Stranded Participant Manual- Final
New May 28:
A. All youth (18 and under) will require a bathing suit/trunks for use in the outdoor showers. Flip flops or crocs are suggested. Indoor showers are restricted to adult scouters only.
B. Those participants who wish to tie-dye a t-shirt are asked to bring a t-shirt for this night time activity.
NEW May 24: Is your group travelling to the jamboree by bus? Need to share your resources with another section in your group? You need to inform the organizing committee via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The gear you need to bring! Suggested-Gear-Lists Updated April
2. Read the following two important documents:
a. Camp Nor’Wes General information for campers, including evacuation and other safety protocol. Nor’Wes General Information 2019
b. Participant Manual Stranded Participant Manual- Final
3. Prepare your section’s Campfire. Stranded Campfire instructions to participants
4. Decide on the Cubs/Scouts Own that you will do with your group on Sunday morning. This spiritual reflection relates to the SPICES! There are three different samples to choose from, but feel free to create your own or modify!
- Stranded Scouts Own Version One – References to God
- Stranded Scouts Own Version Three – Reference to Indigenous Spirits
- Stranded Scouts Own Version Two – No References to God
5. Physical Fitness Form – Everyone MUST complete one! Youth, Scouters, OOS, parents, other agencies MUST have one on file for the event! Drop the completed forms off in sealed envelope at the Scout Service Centre, attention Kathy Hamilton, email them to email@example.com or email Kathy for other arrangements. These must be in before attending camp to give to St. John Ambulance and will be shredded after camp.
Doc: Physical Fitness Form: